The Crash | Teen Ink

The Crash

December 9, 2013
By AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
60 articles 52 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.


It happens so quickly.

It’s just a swerve to the left to avoid the car tire in the road, and then you run into the car in the next lane.
It’s the car rolling over and over after impact and it seems like it will never stop rolling.
It’s the smashed windshield and the crunching of the frame.
It’s the pain and the breathlessness and everything and nothing.
It’s the life flashing before your eyes as you wonder if this will be the end of your life.
It’s the questions that come to your mind seconds before the car stops rolling – will I go to heaven or hell?
It’s the why, why, WHY you think before you close your eyes.
It’s the red and blue flashing lights you see behind your eyelids as you drift off – to sleep or death, you’re not sure.
It’s the crash that has left you breathless and unsure and scared.
It’s the crash that takes lives.

The crash can’t be stopped.


The author's comments:
Within the past two or three months we've had at least three car crashes in my community that have taken lives, and after the most recent one I wrote this.