Goodnight Grandpa, I Love You | Teen Ink

Goodnight Grandpa, I Love You

December 7, 2013
By SourStrawberries SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
SourStrawberries SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Love makes a person powerful more than you would have never known. <3 :)....
-Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get:)
-Sometimes if you love something so much.... you have to let it go.
-"Lets' get chineses eyes man"


The tremble of his rough hand had gotten worse,
My bewildered young mind wondered
Why did the devil give papa this curse?
Mother sat next to him that night, crying out, "Daddy please get better".
Her mind overwhelmed with fright, darkness fell and it became night.
Suddenly... The house filled with death, as I heard the most frightening pause.
Papa took his last painful breath, Mother let out a putrid cry,
As I fell to my knees whimpering...
"Grandpa please no.. don't leave, don't die...

Grandpa please...


I Love You.

Good night.


The author's comments:
May 9th, 2009 was the day I lost my loving Grandfather. This poem speaks the last moments of his life, his death was the effect of Cancer, which had infected his whole body within a few years. body. His memory still lives on in my heart and the memories I have from when I went an saw him at his old home in Alabama. He told me he would be there for my graduation no matter what. And you know what, the day I graduate I know he is going to be right there like he promised. I Love My grandfather and he is always in my heart.