The Other Side of Me | Teen Ink

The Other Side of Me

November 26, 2013
By Nanas SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Nanas SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
~The only thing greater than knowledge is imagination~


I stand still as I take in the scent of pine mixed with a hint of wild berries scattered in the air. The powerful stream flows around my feet as I stand in the water.

I gaze up at the mountains as they show their pride. Each is topped off with snow that glistens in the sunlight. How can anything be so calm and beautiful?

Taking in a deep breath, I realize I’m taking in a piece of heaven sent by God. Bluebirds glide on air and sing their songs of joy and glee.

The soft breeze causes my hair to flutter. I hear the trees swaying in the wind. They bend so gracefully as if bowing to their master of life. The wind calls my name. Everything is so wild and free here.



I finally feel like I’m meant to be somewhere. Nothing I have ever known has made me feel like this. Out here is where I can be myself. I’m free of all my worries and troubles.

This is the other side of me.


The author's comments:
I was inspired from going to Colorado four different times with my family. I long to be in the mountains everyday of my life.