Those Brown Eyes | Teen Ink

Those Brown Eyes

By PunkRockPrincess1031 SILVER, Spencerville, Ohio
PunkRockPrincess1031 SILVER, Spencerville, Ohio

"Is there a right way for being strong? Feels like I'm doin' things all wrong." ~SWS

Sometimes I wonder if you hate me like you loved me. Filled with so much passion and emotion, you feel like you’re on overload.

Do you get that feeling when you think of me?

When we pass in the halls and you catch me staring, tell me, what goes on behind those gorgeous deep brown eyes?

The ones that sparkled when I walked into a room, or teared up when we got into arguments. The same brown eyes that told me you loved me when words just weren’t enough, what do you think of when you catch my icy blue eyes? Do you think of all the giggles and the “I love you”s? All the nights we would sneak out just to hold each other for a few moments? The first time I gave myself to you, or all the times after?

Or do you think of all the tears shed? Or perhaps the lies and the hurt?

I wish I could look at you and know what you’re thinking, like I used to.

But you’ve closed yourself off from me, and opened yourself up to her. The one you now look at with those gorgeous deep brown eyes. The ones that sparkle when she walks into a room, or tears up when you get into arguments.

She is now yours what I once was. What I wish to be. But I suppose that will never happen will it?

If only I could tell what’s going on behind your beautiful eyes when you catch me staring.