Constellations

They wanted to know
what it’s like to sleep
with the stars
as your blanket,
and the dirt as you mattress.

But I told them not to worry;
that stars are rather cold,
and the ground rather hard.

But they wanted to feel the earth
between the tips of their fingers,

Feel the vastness
of the universe

Perhaps see into others’ entirely;

See where it would take them
while laying on the ground.

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 11 at 10:16 am
You blow my mind with how amazing your writing is. Seriously, I think that this is my favoriate piece ever, or at least it will be til I read more of yours. I really love this piece, so much that I wish it was something I wrote myself. Beautiful job.  

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11 at 10:17 am
It reminds me a bit of my piece, "Dreamstate". I'd love it if you could check that out.  

Anna141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 12 at 4:50 pm
Thank you, I am happy that you like my work! I tried to find the piece that you want me to comment on, but I was not able to. I was wondering if you could post a link to it for me? In the process of trying to find it, I did stumble upon a few of your other pieces though, and your work is amazing, you're such a good writer and I can't wait to read Dreamstate!