I am Poem | Teen Ink

I am Poem

November 9, 2013
By Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other
Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other
13 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I am
I am a paranoid coffee addict
I wonder what it is like to have two parents at home.
I hear the piercing sound of people screaming for help.
I see the stains of my past and the worries of tomorrow.
I want to escape the grasp of society and get rid of the dwindling fate hanging over all of us.
I am a paranoid coffee addict.

I pretend not to care, when inside I feel as small and insignificant as a single grain of sand on a beach.
I feel all-alone in this world; the feeling is like a bad taste in your mouth, sour memories that will never truly leave you.
I touch the barrier between right and wrong, I hope and wonder if I will make the right choice.
I worry about feeling pointless and useless in the ever-changing land of reality.
I cry about all the things I would change if I could, it’s a checklist in the back of my mind that will never be accomplish.
I am a paranoid coffee addict.

I understand nothing will ever be perfect and that’s just the ay life works.
I say just be yourself even though today, that’s about the hardest thing to be.
I dream about things out of my reach, I dream about a future that is never possible.
I try to push those thoughts away but they always come back.
I try to be everything people expect of me, and the sad thing is that will be forever impossible.
I am a paranoid coffee addict.