Snowflake

There once was a snowball
Sprinkled copiously with little snowflakes
Each one distinctive
Each one vital
If even one snowflake was gone,
The entire snowball would break down.
So the snowflakes hung tightly together.

But one day a snowflake began to melt,
And although the other snowflakes tried everything
From pulling
And pushing on it
To uplifting it
Nothing worked.
The snowflake kept on dissolving
Slowly
Sensitively
Silently.

And try as it could,
The snowball went down with it,
And the snowball crashed
Roughly
Rowdily

Resentfully.

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 4:34 pm:
I loved how you used simple, yet powerful words to convey your message. This poem was really lovely- the metaphors, the flow, the raw power.... uhhh, i'm becoming incoherent!

thomakab14 said...
This is fantastic! Love the word choice and alliterations.  The idea is excellent. So many beautiful metaphors out there to convey identity in society. :) -Kaleb

boundlesswildflowerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:16 am :
Thanks!!!!! :D

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! Where do I start! I will be back when I can fathom my thoughts into constellations....

Nov. 28, 2013 at 4:53 pm :
Thanks so much! ur opinion means a lot. :)