can we | Teen Ink

can we

By bman_h BRONZE, Doral, Florida
bman_h BRONZE, Doral, Florida

"A life lived for art is never a life wasted." -Macklemore

can we talk about something

can we talk about you

can we talk about what you ate for breakfast this morning and last thursday and whether you put your milk or cereal in the bowl first

can we talk about 80s movies and if you think ghostbusters is overrated

can we talk about what you see in the mirror and what you wish you could see and how many pounds of makeup and acne cream and tears you put on your face each day so you can no longer resemble yourself because being accepted is all that really matters

can we talk about spirituality and why you think god hates you because your dad left and your mom doesnt care and your sister never shuts up and your grades must be drowning because theyre below c level

can we talk about the way you think others look at you and judge you and you just want to escape their stares because high schoolers are the scariest creatures on the planet

can we talk about the future and how scary it is and how fast its coming and how marty mcfly made it seem so much cooler

can we talk about how you need a day off like ferris bueller except you need a day off from life just to escape everything for awhile because man it wears you down

can we talk about everything youre afraid to tell anyone because you have trust issues for good reason

can we talk about the birthmark on your ankle and the time you broke a guitar in fourth grade to look cool and your irrational fear of eggplants and your worst nightmares and your greatest aspirations and the forgotten dreams you had years ago before relationships and grades and high school and hormones screwed it all up

can we talk about you

because id really like to