Lying to myself | Teen Ink

Lying to myself

November 4, 2013
By alina2384 GOLD, Syracuse, New York
alina2384 GOLD, Syracuse, New York
18 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
the human being is unethical, it doesn't matter how bright you shine in the future you're always gonna carry on with a dark background. u may take a man off the streets but u may never take the streets off a man. now..... want to read more hmu on blog


The loud sound in my ears hurt. A tear escapes my eyes as I think of him. Listening to the songs that remind me of him, thinking of everything we had. Such a waste. I can never say that I don't think of him every once in a while. The music is making me want to cry, I can believe you're so far away but id be lying to myself if I say I don't think of you every now and then. All the things he said, left them spinning in my head. All the things we did, didn't think about it just went with it. So close we were, so close to doing something we'd regret. When all of it was going down, when all of it crumbled into pieces I was crying on my bed thinking of what I did wrong. Then I realize he's right, i rather end it this way. Now I wonder if what we did was a mistake. I question everyday if I should've let it go that easy but I'd be lying to myself of I say I don't think of him every day and every night. Thinking, wondering, questioning if I was wrong. Lately I haven't been over thinking, the silent voices in my head stopped screaming, the shadows in the dark stopped haunting my dreams, the tears I cry have stopped shattering as they touch my face. I've tried to forget all the times we spent together, I've tries so hard to forget all those times you kissed me softly and made my fears go away with your power of feelings but I'd be lying to myself if i say I don't think of him now and then. Ive tried to forget all those times our hands touched and those times our eyes met but id be lying to myself if I say I don't still love you. I understand its time to move on with our lives but is be lying to myself of I say you don't still have my heart, you have stolen my life from the first day till forever.