Scary Noise | Teen Ink

Scary Noise

By JDANGIANTS1 BRONZE, Auburn NY, New York
JDANGIANTS1 BRONZE, Auburn NY, New York

I was sleeping on my chair. Peacefully I was resting after a long day of work. My bones were aching; my head was pounding from the construction site, the sound of hammer hitting metal, and the sound of a jackhammer hitting the pavement. I got home around 8:00, and made a hot cup of tea. I walked into the living room to sit in my chair and went into a deep sleep. My dog Bebbles, a boxer, was lying in his bed right next to my chair. Suddenly, I woke up to the bark of Bebbles.
The sound of his bark signified there was an intruder.

My dog ran to the door while I ran to the window to see who it was. I saw nothing but the lights of my neighbors, and a car. Nobody was walking; nobody was even there. I walked back to my chair to fall back asleep. Two minutes later I heard my back door slam shut. I jumped up and grabbed a baseball bat. I walked the opposite way, then the other sound of the footsteps. Then I heard a loud scream. I turned around to see my sister right in my face. The shriek was the sound of my niece & nephew getting licked to death by Bebbles. That’s the most frightened I’ve ever been.

First happy halloween. I felt like writing because some day I want to be a writer. So I write on my free time.