Today's Reality | Teen Ink

Today's Reality

October 29, 2013
By LeilaASayong GOLD, Huntington Beach, California
LeilaASayong GOLD, Huntington Beach, California
12 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Bigger houses, smaller families.
More education, less common sense.
Advanced medicines, poor health.
Many neighbors, names unknown.
High income, less peace of mind.
Good knowledge, less wisdom.
Many human beings, less humanity.
Is this what we've come to?
The more we gain, the less we are?
The only thing that does not change, however, is our constant need for more.
No matter how much we get, we will never be satisfied with what we have.
We will see what others around us have, and we will want whatever it is they possess.
It could be something we never even wanted, something we don't even need.
But, that constant urge to want feels us with a need that we feel can only be satisfied by getting more than we ask for.
When you experience this need, this urge to want, when you feel you need and want something so badly but, you don't know why or what it is that you hunger for, just know... it's a hunger for something entirely different than any of us ever expected.
That thirst you cannot quench,
That hunger you cannot feed,
It's wanting and needing something so powerful, none of us can even comprehend how amazing and wonderful this blessing is.
It's wanting and needing faith, hope, love, and prayer.
You may not believe in God, that is entirely your choice, but you do however need faith, hope, love, and prayer.
Faith, that everything will work out for the best.
Hope, that when everything starts to fall apart, it will soon fall into place.
Love, everyone around you. Your family, your friends, and even your enemies, because they are lost in the dark and need someone to show them the light.
And Prayer, because every now and then, you need to pray to, whomever you wish, that those you cannot help, those you cannot shine the light upon, those you cannot pick up out of the hole that they are in, those you cannot change, will eventually get the help they need, will soon see the light, will be lent a helping hand, and will change their ways for the better.
Sometimes, all you can do, is have faith, hope, love and prayer.
But, sometimes... that's all you need.