Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

beccaboo22 said...
my sis. loves to pop bubbies, so is she a merderer

LazyDaisyTheWriter replied...
No...she's not. By the way, it's mUrderer not mErderer

aveawave said...

this is really good! I love the imagery - I can picture every word you say in my head :) would you mind checking some of my work out? Id really appreciate it :D

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely!!!   X)

MaggieElaine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing. <3

ishmael_bishop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved the inspiration. My muse comes to me at the most random times of the day and I find a pencil and record her thoughts.

emilybwrites said...
i really liked this! great work! could you check out my poem "forgotten domain" and my new poem "the others" and please comment/rate them? thanks!!

taylorj said...
Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 am
i like what you've done here. you have a very intelligent and also creative way of thinking about what we are all here to do. what we were made for. never stop writing, you have an amazing talent. dpn't let your bubble "pop" any time soon.

Fencer95 said...
What you've written here truly has a deep meaning to it. It's amazing the thought of a bubble bursting and the correlation between true lifespans and their lasting imprints. This is a great poem, please, never squander your beautiful gift and always find time to continue to write.

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really interesting. (: Do you think you could check out some of my stuff?

if_i_fall16 said...
That's awesome. I never really thought of life in that way. Although I don't agree with the whole idea of size. *I'm six feet and don't think I'm going to fail : )*  But the idea is pretty cool. 

ToPonJah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Wow! I had never thought of life that way!That's quite interresting.

Although God is much more caring than that and would never reduce us to bubbles!He also wanted us to live forever-not just a few mere days.

purpleink said...
I really like what did with bubbles i never really thought about it this way before.

Lola_Black said...
That's so cool! Pretty accurate, too, though I never would have thought of bubbles. Keep up the good work!

Sylvie said...
Wowww that was an amazing poem. I completely agree that someone's imprint will eventually fade away. Isn't that fact kind of sad?

purpleink replied...
yeah, but what can we do about it?

Angie.Hudak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so beautiful! Something so childish and young can mean so much and be so deep to relate to life and death. Bravo! :D

fatchance96 said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:37 am
This is truly amazing. I love how you could take a simple thing and give it a whole new meaning. Great job:)

elishbah said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:57 am
I love this.

wondering76 said...
Bubbles represant life excusitly. They are delicit like liives; changed drasticly but simply mistakes. There are many things that could happen to a bubble, but one thing is for sure; it will pop. It's how that bubble takes course that makes all the difference.