Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

JuneTaz said...
Love the metaphor!! It really does describe life. Keep up the philosophical thinking! ;)

GirlWhoWrote said...
This is awesome! Check out my work plleeeeassse!!!!!!

Lahari said...
This is amazing! Can you checkout some of my work?

JamesODalaigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really loved it. please, keep up the fantastic work!

xximjustmexx said...
You poem has a gentler and nicer affect than mine. I was also writing about the same thing, how sooner or later everything someone does is later forgotten and not worth anything anymore. It's called Bad Image. There's also another one called Stronger, it's not quite about the same thing, but it's somewhat related. I would really appriecate it if you ckecked them out;) ohh. I gave this a 5/5 btw. great job:)

ms.liz2015 said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:39 am
good job i liked it.

EyesofBlueFire said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:11 am
I love this poem. :) I like how it's not really religious, even though you use "god". The capitalization can be necessary or unnecessary when you use it in such a way. It does have a certain view on life that not alot of people see. :) Keep writing.

wanghui138138 said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:16 am
LOVE IT. keep writing!

grelouni said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:10 am
Maybe some bubbles stain the surface on which they land...  never truly disappearing...always leaving their mark.

mightierthanthesword said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 7:02 am
Nicely done! The spacing was very effective and really drove home the point of the poem. The only criticism I have is trivial -- capitalize the "g" in God, although I can see where you might have left it lowercase on purpose.

BieberLover16 said...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:16 am
I love you poems!!! Keep on writing!!!!

jasont727 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful! Thank you!

hislittledramaqueen said...
Interesting poem. I do not think this metaphor is accurate though. God intervenes much more for His creations then a person even could for their bubbles. I like the thought of human beings as fragile as bubbles and God compared to the person blowing them, but the metaphor falls short when it comes to the popping incidents. God can save a person from death if He so chooses.     

xximjustmexx replied...
there is no god. only life and the people in it.

flynpurple33 replied...
Nov. 13, 2011 at 12:22 am
For a writer, that's pretty close-minded of you to say. I think the point of writing is to explore all options and opinions and beliefs. Not just say "there is a God" or "there isn't a God" because, there IS a God to different people; even if they aren't you.

xximjustmexx replied...
Nov. 13, 2011 at 2:28 am
As a writer, i have explored all options an opinions and beliefs. I know very well that there is a god to some people, for i go to a Catholic school. What i said is MY opinion, and nothing is going to change it, so all i can say is that i hope you and everyone else can rspecct that, just as i respecct their opinions.

Lamb97 said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 11:46 am

Your a great writer. :)

SeirraNS said...
I really liked it :)

Alantis said...
Really great. :)

myah555 said...
o.m.g. yor so right!!1