Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

shacey said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:13 am
Wow. I really enjoyed your poem. I hope you continue to write! You are awesome! Please take the time to read and comment on some of my writing.

Kiki_McGee said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:18 am
I love how light-hearted and totally true your poem is. I would honored if you would read one of my poems.

Andres60 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:23 am
I love the way you made it so some made marks but we all get forgotten sooner or later; Good job!

Ella1 said...
This is a great poem. The metaphor makes it simple to understand but it has a nice meaning. Would you mind reading my poem A Pink Watch, Portal, and Perpetual Sea if you get a chance? Thank you!

Fia-fia said...
This is wonderful! I love the metaphor.... you are totally right; it is sweet and lighthearted, but its also cynical, almost serious. Keep writing! Thank you :)

angelchild said...
Awesome! please check outr my work too!!

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:15 am
I like how the imagination works in everyone. I truly loved this poem and it's making me think twice about life. Good Job!

EternallyMe03 said...
The meaning behind this holds a lot of truth, and I often love to write with this same idea in mind.  Even though you might try your best and be the best person you can be, sometimes with the life given to you, all you can do is fall.  We often think about the "popping" part, but we don't always think about the "evaporating" part.

belieber said...
nice anaolgy. :) very thoughtful.

FrAme said...
I liked the speed and how smooth it was to read, but I don't feel like there was enough feeling behind the words.

StarryRoss replied...
Ha i really don't think it needed any more 'feeling behind the words.' The way it almost feels detached enhances it, i think it would sound like they're trying way too hard if they went back to add 'feeling.' Not all poems need it, that's what makes some great.

vivig4ever replied...
i agree. i think it's better if none of them had an author's explanation. that's the point of petry; for every person to find their own meaning in a small group of creative, unexplainable words.

Big k said...
good job but you forgot the part were he stabs all the others whith the wand

youngspeare said...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:53 am
nice work adams! 
Think you could check out my work sometime? Would really appreciate your feedback :)

Refugemywords said...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:04 am
Pretty good origin for the poem. The pace and tempo is great. I love the idea, bubbles...

BadGirl said...

I loved it! I liked how you got the idea :)

I'm new here, but when I get stuff posted could you check it out?

ifonly303 said...
I really liked this your writting gets so deep... Please Continue

GirlWhoWrote said...
i love this metaphor! People PLEASE check out my work!!!!

cgwriter replied...
I like it too

Beth328 replied...
Very good metaphor. And i love bubbles