Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Sapphire1225 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so beautiful!! I guess from now on every time I blow bubbles or look at someone blowing them, I'm going to be reminded of this poem... :)

Dancer2015 said...
This is a really great poem! I love it! :)

svds1 said...
Good...but didn't Billy Collins write a poem about comparing himself to a soap bubble? Yeah, he said 'It doesn't take much to remind me what a mayfly I am, what a soap bubble floating over the children's party.' (In one of his poems) Did you get inspired by that?

adams1030 replied...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 12:37 am
author here... and lol nope! i've never even heard of the guy! lol. i also found out that one of my heros and role models, John Adams (the president), said something similar once -- i guess it's a relatively common thought! haha.

Kelvyn21 said...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:48 am
This is a brilliant poem..in love with it..would you mind reading mine called 'Difference in the world'..i would appreciate it..

Blackrosechick said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:29 am
Really good :)

mammothfrk said...
really good!

Bookworm1997 said...
Nice poem, although it does sound a bit cynical.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it!!!

AgentOrange789 said...
Excellent! I love it! Would you mind reading my poem, "Revelation of Infinity"? Thanks.

kairi.kaylyn said...
Love it, great way using Metaphors!

shacey said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:13 am
Wow. I really enjoyed your poem. I hope you continue to write! You are awesome! Please take the time to read and comment on some of my writing.

Kiki_McGee said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:18 am
I love how light-hearted and totally true your poem is. I would honored if you would read one of my poems.

Andres60 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:23 am
I love the way you made it so some made marks but we all get forgotten sooner or later; Good job!

Ella1 said...
This is a great poem. The metaphor makes it simple to understand but it has a nice meaning. Would you mind reading my poem A Pink Watch, Portal, and Perpetual Sea if you get a chance? Thank you!

Fia-fia said...
This is wonderful! I love the metaphor.... you are totally right; it is sweet and lighthearted, but its also cynical, almost serious. Keep writing! Thank you :)

angelchild said...
Awesome! please check outr my work too!!

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:15 am
I like how the imagination works in everyone. I truly loved this poem and it's making me think twice about life. Good Job!

EternallyMe03 said...
The meaning behind this holds a lot of truth, and I often love to write with this same idea in mind.  Even though you might try your best and be the best person you can be, sometimes with the life given to you, all you can do is fall.  We often think about the "popping" part, but we don't always think about the "evaporating" part.

belieber said...
nice anaolgy. :) very thoughtful.