Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Indilove said...
May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am
Very amazing how you thought of this. It's a rare occasion that our thoughts turn into something extrememly meaningful. Something that actually makes us stop and think a little. This is really amazing work great job

ZaNeesa said...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:23 am
I love this. It kinda makes me think.

Ashlea0813 said...
Love this. :)

FlowerChild67 said...
I really enjoyed this, although it is a bit sad, in an unsusual way- like hopeless, but not at the same time. Anyway, I actually wrote a similar poem and entered in it into Reflections one year :) So, anway, I liked it:)

SpreadUrWingzNFly said...
Wow that was deep yet gave the feeling of a light afterthought, lovely, can you read a few of my poems and tell me what you think

Nooneknowsme said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:24 am

What a wonderful poem!! Its really nice!

Check out mine also, Cream you Dream, and Unbelieavable

It gives the same sense as yours!!

TheKayster said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 7:17 am
I love this poem!!!!

Sapphire1225This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so beautiful!! I guess from now on every time I blow bubbles or look at someone blowing them, I'm going to be reminded of this poem... :)

Dancer2015 said...
This is a really great poem! I love it! :)

svds1 said...
Good...but didn't Billy Collins write a poem about comparing himself to a soap bubble? Yeah, he said 'It doesn't take much to remind me what a mayfly I am, what a soap bubble floating over the children's party.' (In one of his poems) Did you get inspired by that?

adams1030 replied...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 12:37 am
author here... and lol nope! i've never even heard of the guy! lol. i also found out that one of my heros and role models, John Adams (the president), said something similar once -- i guess it's a relatively common thought! haha.

Kelvyn21 said...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:48 am
This is a brilliant poem..in love with it..would you mind reading mine called 'Difference in the world'..i would appreciate it..

Blackrosechick said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:29 am
Really good :)

mammothfrk said...
really good!

Bookworm1997 said...
Nice poem, although it does sound a bit cynical.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it!!!

AgentOrange789 said...
Excellent! I love it! Would you mind reading my poem, "Revelation of Infinity"? Thanks.

kairi.kaylynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it, great way using Metaphors!

shacey said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:13 am
Wow. I really enjoyed your poem. I hope you continue to write! You are awesome! Please take the time to read and comment on some of my writing.

Kiki_McGee said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:18 am
I love how light-hearted and totally true your poem is. I would honored if you would read one of my poems.