Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

lbbarlow125 said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:46 am
I dissagree with you especially what you said in  your comments about how no matter what someone did in their life they and what they did will eventually fade; because people leave marks and prints and some meories can not and never will fade thus keeping the person alive in the spiirit and mid of otheres plau you don't know what happens when the bubble does pop. Maybe the piece of that bubble meld into the air and become better than they were before, or they fall to the groud and look up a... (more »)

EdgarAllanPoe replied...
I agree plus there are no crows so its not a good poem.

InkWriter13 said...
An interesting semi-philosophical perspective. Beautiful writing. Distinct clarity. An effective metaphor. Would you please comment on my work titled Delusional Dream, In the Library, and Onward and Upward?

vivig4ever said...

funny sh**

vivig4ever said...
those are my favorite moments in life..when something so small; almost insignificant, makes your mind burst; evolve into a tornado of unexplainable creativity.

eddys96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it. Deserves to be in the magazine for sure. Please check out my articles and ill return the favor.

Loserrr122 said...
May 29, 2012 at 10:52 am
Not bad I love the exageration on the word "pop". Very nice.

kaidro said...
May 8, 2012 at 10:40 am

This poem is awsome!! I like your poem a lot.
This whole poem was a metaphor!! I think the metaphor was that the people are bubbles some are able to live a life and do something amazing while sometimes others can not.  I also noticed that there was some onomatapoeia becasue you had the word "pop" and that is the noise bubbles can make.

Awsome job! I like this poem a lot!!

ShadowLily said...
Whoa... that's deep stuff. I didn't know you could make Miracle Bubbles deep.... Wow. You've got some serious skillz.

phoenixvanlaanen said...
Wow... you're excellent. I'm jealous of your poetry skills!

Indilove said...
May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am
Very amazing how you thought of this. It's a rare occasion that our thoughts turn into something extrememly meaningful. Something that actually makes us stop and think a little. This is really amazing work great job

ZaNeesa said...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:23 am
I love this. It kinda makes me think.

Ashlea0813 said...
Love this. :)

FlowerChild67 said...
I really enjoyed this, although it is a bit sad, in an unsusual way- like hopeless, but not at the same time. Anyway, I actually wrote a similar poem and entered in it into Reflections one year :) So, anway, I liked it:)

SpreadUrWingzNFly said...
Wow that was deep yet gave the feeling of a light afterthought, lovely, can you read a few of my poems and tell me what you think

Nooneknowsme said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:24 am

What a wonderful poem!! Its really nice!

Check out mine also, Cream you Dream, and Unbelieavable

It gives the same sense as yours!!

TheKayster said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 7:17 am
I love this poem!!!!

Sapphire1225 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so beautiful!! I guess from now on every time I blow bubbles or look at someone blowing them, I'm going to be reminded of this poem... :)

Dancer2015 said...
This is a really great poem! I love it! :)

svds1 said...
Good...but didn't Billy Collins write a poem about comparing himself to a soap bubble? Yeah, he said 'It doesn't take much to remind me what a mayfly I am, what a soap bubble floating over the children's party.' (In one of his poems) Did you get inspired by that?