Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Tessa W. said...
im not a huge fan of metaphors. But this one really makes sense. I know what this poem mean.it has a meaning. Its kinda like explaining life.You should write more like this.I loved it good job

Chrissypeace said...
Feb. 18, 2009 at 12:01 am
I like the poem very much. but i hate to think, that when i die, eventually i will be forgotten. I do not believe that to be entirely true. I think we all of the chance to have our memory live on forever. It depends on what we spend our lives doing.

Adams replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:33 am
Hey, author here. ^^ See, my point is that nothing is actually "forever" in the literal sense; considering the universe is billions of years old, someday each human being's "mark" (though it may have lasted for thousands of years) will disappear. Still, I do agree that we can leave a mark for a considerable time on humanity.

WriterGurl09 said...
This is a great poem and you should keep writing

VanDeman said...
Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:29 am
the idea is very complete and its simplicity makes it very rateable. i'm diggn' it!

Andrnick replied...
This Poem isn't really that great because there's religions out there that have different meanings but for the life part it is very good in figuartive laungage.
Believe me, I'm a fan of figuartive laungage, it makes me write better and more understanding for the other readers that read my work.

flipflopsandsox said...
Feb. 17, 2009 at 2:25 am
the metaphor was cliche, but it had a unique message =]

Br3zziFlow3d said...
The poem was definitly amazing because you can grab an element so young and transform it into the way that we should think about life. Keep it up girl!

Peaceseeker said...
I really like this. it's like cute but then deep? I'm really not sure what i'm saying but hey GREAT poem! YOUR AWESOME AT WRITING KEEP DOING IT!!!

pugobelle said...
very nice poem! i love it!

icecold said...
wow aaamazin

sallysunshine said...
YAAAAAAAAAAA

kungfupanda11 said...
thats an amazing poem! i <3 it!

bloob said...
GREAT POEM!!

jamie95 said...
Jan. 11, 2009 at 12:31 am
that poem was so awesome. u r a lyrical genious

DonnieDotNet said...
I really, really, really love this. Can anyone tell me though, how long it takes for your piece of writing to be picked for the magazine?

AndThisIsReal said...
I wasn't a huge fan of the metaphor. But then I red your take on it. And now I'm thinking... I understand it and at the same time not so sure what I think of it. Maybe a little too simple of a take on such a big subject....LIFE. However your very right it was presented lightheartedly and it can be at the same time slightly cynical. True. True.