Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Hope-in-life said...
Its beautiful and insight full , refreshing and exactly what every one in this world needs to remember in order to wake up a little.

sleeplessdreamer said...
This is good. I really enjoyed it. Keep writing. Check out my stuff, let me know if it's awful or not.

AMORETTE said...
i loved this poem.i liked the way you were able to put god into the spot of a little kid. it made sense from the beggining and i totally got it. like i said before, i loved this peice. keep writing and let me know about more work like this! :)

TaraG said...
so great! love the metaphor please check out my work :)

matthewZ said...
nice! check out my poem too! rate+comment plz! http ://www.teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/156195/Airplanes/ thanks!

Yoodle15 said...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 1:58 am
Perfect metaphor for life; so ephemeral it is that our bubble may go pop at any moment! =) 5 stars <3

Hisa-Ai said...
Huh...
That's very interesting...

cyanidecaleph said...
This is poem is so beautiful. It's like the words came to life. The image you expressed was clearly put into my head. Now that's talent. I really enjoy this.

becklovesyou4eva said...
The imagery is this poem is very good...it kept me interested and made me want to keep reading. I loved it! :]

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i REALLY love this poem. it really made me smile, but it was also thought-provoking. i love the whole metaphor of this poem.

Emmalee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 26, 2009 at 8:00 am
Made me smile.

Baninabean This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic piece!!!!!!!

sweetness1994 said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:07 am
All I could think when I read this was...WOW!

annkaykay2011 said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 12:12 am
Beautful!
I loved it!
I liked the beginning best
"bubbles.
god's just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to
pop"
it has the climax in the metaphor that
brings you in to really think about it!

Alliekat said...
it is a beautiful metaphor! keep up the good work! i hope to read more of your work!!!

Tessa W. said...
im not a huge fan of metaphors. But this one really makes sense. I know what this poem mean.it has a meaning. Its kinda like explaining life.You should write more like this.I loved it good job

Chrissypeace said...
Feb. 18, 2009 at 12:01 am
I like the poem very much. but i hate to think, that when i die, eventually i will be forgotten. I do not believe that to be entirely true. I think we all of the chance to have our memory live on forever. It depends on what we spend our lives doing.

Adams replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:33 am
Hey, author here. ^^ See, my point is that nothing is actually "forever" in the literal sense; considering the universe is billions of years old, someday each human being's "mark" (though it may have lasted for thousands of years) will disappear. Still, I do agree that we can leave a mark for a considerable time on humanity.

WriterGurl09 said...
This is a great poem and you should keep writing

VanDeman said...
Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:29 am
the idea is very complete and its simplicity makes it very rateable. i'm diggn' it!