Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

JackieSutton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the originality and uniqueness of this piece. The repetition isn't forced or cheesy at all, you did really well with that. good luck & keep up the awesome work!! :)

Lonleydandy said...
Love it :D

skywitch said...
I love your poem!

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is really good. Really original. I especially liked the first stanza and the repititon of the word "pop".
Please read my work if you get the chance. I'd appreciate any comments you have!

earthy_kat said...
A very interesting poem.Keep up the good work! (:

Hope-in-life said...
Its beautiful and insight full , refreshing and exactly what every one in this world needs to remember in order to wake up a little.

sleeplessdreamer said...
This is good. I really enjoyed it. Keep writing. Check out my stuff, let me know if it's awful or not.

AMORETTE said...
i loved this poem.i liked the way you were able to put god into the spot of a little kid. it made sense from the beggining and i totally got it. like i said before, i loved this peice. keep writing and let me know about more work like this! :)

TaraG said...
so great! love the metaphor please check out my work :)

matthewZ said...
nice! check out my poem too! rate+comment plz! http ://www.teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/156195/Airplanes/ thanks!

Yoodle15 said...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 1:58 am
Perfect metaphor for life; so ephemeral it is that our bubble may go pop at any moment! =) 5 stars <3

Hisa-Ai said...
Huh...
That's very interesting...

cyanidecaleph said...
This is poem is so beautiful. It's like the words came to life. The image you expressed was clearly put into my head. Now that's talent. I really enjoy this.

becklovesyou4eva said...
The imagery is this poem is very good...it kept me interested and made me want to keep reading. I loved it! :]

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i REALLY love this poem. it really made me smile, but it was also thought-provoking. i love the whole metaphor of this poem.

Emmalee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 26, 2009 at 8:00 am
Made me smile.

Baninabean This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic piece!!!!!!!

sweetness1994 said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:07 am
All I could think when I read this was...WOW!

annkaykay2011 said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 12:12 am
Beautful!
I loved it!
I liked the beginning best
"bubbles.
god's just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to
pop"
it has the climax in the metaphor that
brings you in to really think about it!

Alliekat said...
it is a beautiful metaphor! keep up the good work! i hope to read more of your work!!!