Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

kaates This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 11:11 am
This is more realistic than cynical in my opinion. However, the ending was a tad cynical. But it's different for everyone how we look at life and how we leave things after we die. Well done

Priskilla said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:36 am
I enjoy how you took somthing as simple as blowing bubble into somthing so deep :)

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 9:39 am
very interesting point of view. reminds me of what my parents say all the time about how short life is and i'm just a speck in the universe, or something serious like that. anyways i thought this was wonderful. thumbs up!

rayj095 said...
Beautiful poem, great metaphor. Love how you took a simple subject and made it great.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think that this ia amazing it gives me something to think about next time i have bubbles hehe ,,, i loved it i really did.

. said...
i love the way you put this! great job :)

nvrxexistedx2xu said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:08 am
I really like this!! I love the meaning behind it! Great Job!

smiley_alley7 said...
This a very interesting way of looking at life. Very eye-opening. Lovely poem.

thoughtfulsoul said...
lovely metaphor. I absolutely love this poem. The syntax matches the content perfectly. This poem is beautiful

Dandelion said...
I love the way you put the word "pop" on a separate line, and the overall poem was just phenominal. I love that way of thinking; that whole philosophy just about summs everything up.

FlyleafFreak said...
Wow, this is really cool, I've never looked at life this way before! An interesting style for sure and definetly a 5/5

xAllegria said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 4:39 am
.Wow... i'd thought of this before!! TELEPATHYY!! :D But i guess that makes it truer. :)

Taylor-pop said...
I love your writting its so true and it makes you think all about life and why things happen good job! x keep up the good work.

SolvoAnimus said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 3:20 am
apart from the blasphemy in the beginning...
this Was just ........ so....
intricate...

gennygirl said...
omg!! i wish i had your skills! this is absolutely amazing!i love the simplicity and repitition. keep righting this is amazing

JackieSutton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the originality and uniqueness of this piece. The repetition isn't forced or cheesy at all, you did really well with that. good luck & keep up the awesome work!! :)

Lonleydandy said...
Love it :D

skywitch said...
I love your poem!

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is really good. Really original. I especially liked the first stanza and the repititon of the word "pop".
Please read my work if you get the chance. I'd appreciate any comments you have!

earthy_kat said...
A very interesting poem.Keep up the good work! (: