Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Kerstin W. said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 6:15 pm:

Oh! I really really like this

clauds1215 said...
May 12, 2010 at 8:40 pm:
This is a really interesting metaphor. I really like the idea of bubbles - it's gentle and fragile and beautiful but there is still something a bit eerie about them. Loved the poem!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 24, 2010 at 8:46 pm :
I completely agree! Very Well-written. Keep it up!

Mni-megThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2010 at 7:13 pm:
Wow, that's awesome!!! I love this poem! You're a great writer!

Kairah027 said...
May 12, 2010 at 6:19 pm:

This is amazing, i loved it so much. You took something like blowing bubbles and turned into something so amazing profound. You're such an amazing writer and I love the title, it really grabbed my attention and also that fact that you're on the homepage of the website. Congrats on that by the way. Well my comment sorta turned into a long paragraph about randomness. But keep up the great work and I look forward to reading many more of your peices.

P.S. If it's not too much to ask could ... (more »)

kaates This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 11:11 am:
This is more realistic than cynical in my opinion. However, the ending was a tad cynical. But it's different for everyone how we look at life and how we leave things after we die. Well done

Priskilla said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:36 am:
I enjoy how you took somthing as simple as blowing bubble into somthing so deep :)

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 9:39 am:
very interesting point of view. reminds me of what my parents say all the time about how short life is and i'm just a speck in the universe, or something serious like that. anyways i thought this was wonderful. thumbs up!

rayj095 said...
Beautiful poem, great metaphor. Love how you took a simple subject and made it great.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think that this ia amazing it gives me something to think about next time i have bubbles hehe ,,, i loved it i really did.

. said...
i love the way you put this! great job :)

nvrxexistedx2xu said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:08 am:
I really like this!! I love the meaning behind it! Great Job!

smiley_alley7 said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm:
This a very interesting way of looking at life. Very eye-opening. Lovely poem.

thoughtfulsoul said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 7:22 pm:
lovely metaphor. I absolutely love this poem. The syntax matches the content perfectly. This poem is beautiful

Dandelion said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm:
I love the way you put the word "pop" on a separate line, and the overall poem was just phenominal. I love that way of thinking; that whole philosophy just about summs everything up.

FlyleafFreak said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 2:01 pm:
Wow, this is really cool, I've never looked at life this way before! An interesting style for sure and definetly a 5/5

xAllegria said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 4:39 am:
.Wow... i'd thought of this before!! TELEPATHYY!! :D But i guess that makes it truer. :)

Taylor-pop said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 10:54 pm:
I love your writting its so true and it makes you think all about life and why things happen good job! x keep up the good work.

SolvoAnimus said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 3:20 am:
apart from the blasphemy in the beginning...
this Was just ........ so....
intricate...

gennygirl said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm:
omg!! i wish i had your skills! this is absolutely amazing!i love the simplicity and repitition. keep righting this is amazing