Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

starlight26 said...
cool....very intresting. I LIKE THE METAPHOR! check out some of my work if you can :) thanks

Betty said...
Very interesting and original metaphor! Loved it:)

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. That's very clever, I loved it. Whatever you do, keep on writing (and blowing bubbles)

livelovelaugh35 said...
wow this is amazing, i love the metaphor and ive never thought about life this way at all, great job!! Keep writing! :)

circus_freak said...
I agree! The metaphor is great! 

darkvisions said...
Truly awesome. I absolutely love it.

BookOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very original. I like it!

HeraclitusDRM said...
Definitely very original

roxymutt said...
This is so original! I absolutely loved the metaphor to this poem! You write quite well..although it's almost a sad type of metaphor! Keep it up!! I would love if you might check out my piece!

Kerstin W. said...

Oh! I really really like this

clauds1215 said...
This is a really interesting metaphor. I really like the idea of bubbles - it's gentle and fragile and beautiful but there is still something a bit eerie about them. Loved the poem!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I completely agree! Very Well-written. Keep it up!

Mni-meg said...
Wow, that's awesome!!! I love this poem! You're a great writer!

Kairah027 said...

This is amazing, i loved it so much. You took something like blowing bubbles and turned into something so amazing profound. You're such an amazing writer and I love the title, it really grabbed my attention and also that fact that you're on the homepage of the website. Congrats on that by the way. Well my comment sorta turned into a long paragraph about randomness. But keep up the great work and I look forward to reading many more of your peices.

P.S. If it's not too much to ask could ... (more »)

kaates This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 11:11 am
This is more realistic than cynical in my opinion. However, the ending was a tad cynical. But it's different for everyone how we look at life and how we leave things after we die. Well done

Priskilla said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:36 am
I enjoy how you took somthing as simple as blowing bubble into somthing so deep :)

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 9:39 am
very interesting point of view. reminds me of what my parents say all the time about how short life is and i'm just a speck in the universe, or something serious like that. anyways i thought this was wonderful. thumbs up!

rayj095 said...
Beautiful poem, great metaphor. Love how you took a simple subject and made it great.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think that this ia amazing it gives me something to think about next time i have bubbles hehe ,,, i loved it i really did.

. said...
i love the way you put this! great job :)