Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

gkswodls said...
i would have never thought to connect this idea with bubbles.

Summer_Girl said...
wow. i love it:) i wrote one rather similar, i dont include god but i compare each life to a ripple in a lake. :)

GemValley250This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:38 am
I like it. I like how you used bubbles to explain people in the world:)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:16 am
interesting little tidbit... read some of mine?

writergirl13 said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:11 am
This is beautiful, heartfelt, and also, as you said, lighthearted. It has a very rarely thought about message, and it certainly inspires thoughts of how life is not endless and everything ends up "popping" at one poit or other. Please write more poems like this!

ThisGirlRightHere said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:55 am
This is so good! Love itt.

Andrew C. said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:56 am
Great! Its especially interesting how you discussed something so dark in such a light--if you know what I mean--context

moonpetal said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:41 am
Very inspiring, it like it. I really like ur quote with how you came up with it. And my friends say bubbles ur LAME!!!! What do they know pah.

Fisk14 said...
This is gorgeous! I came up with a similar one concerning clouds and you have just inspired me to write it. Thanks!

Lexi-pex said...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 2:15 am
ht it was really well written and very original. love the idea of a metaphor!

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
 wow!! this is awesome i love it!! please check out some of my work if you get the chance.

starlight26 said...
cool....very intresting. I LIKE THE METAPHOR! check out some of my work if you can :) thanks

Betty said...
Very interesting and original metaphor! Loved it:)

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. That's very clever, I loved it. Whatever you do, keep on writing (and blowing bubbles)

livelovelaugh35 said...
wow this is amazing, i love the metaphor and ive never thought about life this way at all, great job!! Keep writing! :)

circus_freak said...
I agree! The metaphor is great! 

darkvisions said...
Truly awesome. I absolutely love it.

BookOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very original. I like it!

HeraclitusDRM said...
Definitely very original

roxymutt said...
This is so original! I absolutely loved the metaphor to this poem! You write quite well..although it's almost a sad type of metaphor! Keep it up!! I would love if you might check out my piece!