Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Kiyoko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a really nice poem. Very Punctual, and precise. I feel like every word you use is there for a reason, and that's fantastic. Mind checking out my work? I'd really appreciate it. 

claudiathewho This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! It's so simple but it makes a big sentence. Like you said, this poem is both lighthearted and cynical.

claudiathewho This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I meant to say "statement" instead of "sentence." Oops!

Nick121 said...
that poem was great

Jessie-Mo said...
Is it not amazing how a simple poem can influence people to... Blow Bubbles. Haha, I loved the poem, and the metaphore was great. Keep writing, I'll be sure to read.

Icy96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:22 am
This was a very interesting perspective on life. Bubbles. Ha, I've always loved that word :)

Brooklynn said...
it was very good and the metaphor was so random that it made complete sense. nice job

red-i13 said...
This poem is incredible. It also makes me want to blow bubbles too.

KrystalT said...
It is such a sweet poem. Now I want to go get some bubbles.

WindDancer replied...
My thoughts exactly :)

SilverBeam said...
This is absolutely brilliant!!! I would love to hear more of what you have to say, so please: enlighten me!!!

MRose911 said...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:18 am
wow! this is absolutely amazing!! This is going to be my new metaphor on life! I love it! If you get a second, I would love to hear your opinion on some of my stuff

bluegirl440 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:24 am
This is absolutly fantastic! Created a very interesting picture in my mind.

Uranium said...
The ability to simplify something beyond comprehension to mere childs play is brilliant

NSaraiC said...
This was amazing. In all honesty, one of the best pieces of writing on this entire site.

Aro_To_The_Heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 4, 2010 at 9:42 am
Simply...astonishing. I'd give you a 10 out of 5 for such a great piece of art. Such a wonderful thing to write. Absolutely lovely. Thank you.

Lexi-pex said...
Nov. 4, 2010 at 3:04 am
that was really great! i  loved it! : )

wefellinLAVA said...
Lovely metaphor.

sidneynicole said...
this was soo good,, like no lie

Leo123 said...
I like that very much. It's true.