Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:57 pm
I'm not sure I wound compare God to a little kid, but I love the comparison between life and bubbles. The bible says that life is like a vapor in the wind, there then gone. Much like bubbles.

emmastowe1 said...
really great. Creative and truly enjoyed reading it! :)

DonovanG7 said...
Nov. 20, 2015 at 9:42 am
I enjoy your portrayal of God as “just a little kid” and everyone as bubbles that are “all doomed to pop” at one point or another, and feel that it works well as a philosophical metaphor.

EdgarAllanPoeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
needs more crows

HaleyD.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 5, 2015 at 10:58 am
This poem is so interesting & beautiful that I decided to share it with my creative writing class. This metaphor is so unique and easy to picture.

Athena098 said...
Wow this is beautiful. I love the metaphor.

SkylerEldredge said...
Amazing, please check out my work

GeorgiaL said...
Apr. 19, 2015 at 7:01 am
This is really interesting, I like it a lot!

Anyuhhhh said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 11:01 am
This metaphor is written really well and it is unique and creative. I loved how you compared the two and really made us think, although I would suggest the format a little better organized. In the end, it was a really well written piece and I love your work.

Athena17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Such an intellegent metaphor! This is a beautiful poem :) 

Mandy22 said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:55 am
Beautiful.

ElmoCarlon said...
I love this (:

wuasa said...
Nice poem, I really love how you see god through your own perspective

RandomPoet said...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:59 am
This poem is great truley great!. I love how you compare humans to bubbles. What i got from this to be honest is the bubbles are our mistakes but thats just me. I see things differently from people when it comes to writing, becuase writing can be taken and percepted in so manys ways and pulled in so many diferent directions. This is a wonderful poem! Keep up the amazing work.

Zithia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. It's great.  But, I don't want to know that its a metaphor.  Let the reader figure that out on their own.  Leave some mystery.  It is so much less enticing if you explain the poem in the title.  As a reader I want to contemplate the poem.  Think.  For hours.  Don't give everything away.  Its not a very complicated metaphor so if you just let readers figure it out on their own the poem would be much more memorable.  A... (more »)

Forbidden1 said...
So true! Love your poem! What you said/wrote down is so true. We really are like bubbles, destined to pop in the end.

ShadowAngel2468 said...

i love the lighthearted deepness, please read some of my work if you can

Sarz216This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing!!

SilverStratovare This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is an intersting way of looking at the relationship of god and humanity. It resanates through a persons impact on the world. It makes me feel depressed, yet somehow it makes me happy. I like hearing that I will make an impact even if it eventually disapears. Ilove this poem!

lbbarlow125 said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:46 am
I dissagree with you especially what you said in  your comments about how no matter what someone did in their life they and what they did will eventually fade; because people leave marks and prints and some meories can not and never will fade thus keeping the person alive in the spiirit and mid of otheres plau you don't know what happens when the bubble does pop. Maybe the piece of that bubble meld into the air and become better than they were before, or they fall to the groud and look up a... (more »)