Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

CandiceZoeller said...
today at 8:46 am
I love what you've connected and how you've added in your belief with it. Awesome poem!

L.E.D said...
today at 12:05 am
@Adams1030 I really like the single word lines. The poem is good. Check out my stuff too!

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 8:24 pm
I love the line breaks and the metaphor itself. Kudos!

CianaBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 5 at 11:21 pm
The single word lines really add a lot of meaning to the poem. The entire concept is something I've never really thought of before. Could you read some of my work and let me know how I did?

LeisurelySketchesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 22, 2016 at 3:22 am
Quite an interesting metaphor. It adds a childish charm to a philosophical theme.

CJwriter said...
This amazing! I love how you put life into perspective! And I am so jealous of how many likes you have on this! You are an amazing writer!

DarkRayneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You deserved for this to be printed, I am impressed, and you showed me another way to look at life, thank you.

Ghost_Ryder said...
Beautiful! Just amazing! Good metaphor! XD

Claranevs said...
Jun. 14, 2016 at 3:42 am
Wow. That was beautiful!

KingKamidere-Sama said...
It's true. I, as well, have considered this fact to be true. Peoples lives are almost nothing compared to the infinite miles beyond of solar system. It's a very deep thing to think about do I admire your ability to be able to consider it and be able to even make it into a metaphor.

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
whoa ... this got me thinking.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I'm not sure I wound compare God to a little kid, but I love the comparison between life and bubbles. The bible says that life is like a vapor in the wind, there then gone. Much like bubbles.

emmastowe1 said...
really great. Creative and truly enjoyed reading it! :)

DonovanG7 said...
Nov. 20, 2015 at 9:42 am
I enjoy your portrayal of God as “just a little kid” and everyone as bubbles that are “all doomed to pop” at one point or another, and feel that it works well as a philosophical metaphor.

EdgarAllanPoe said...
needs more crows

HaleyD. said...
Sept. 5, 2015 at 10:58 am
This poem is so interesting & beautiful that I decided to share it with my creative writing class. This metaphor is so unique and easy to picture.

Athena098 said...
Wow this is beautiful. I love the metaphor.

SkylerEldredgeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazing, please check out my work

GeorgiaL said...
Apr. 19, 2015 at 7:01 am
This is really interesting, I like it a lot!

Anyuhhhh said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 11:01 am
This metaphor is written really well and it is unique and creative. I loved how you compared the two and really made us think, although I would suggest the format a little better organized. In the end, it was a really well written piece and I love your work.