Bones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

every day
she vowed not to love herself
until there was less of her
to love.

she made a promise
not to fill herself with
anything but misery
until the soft slopes of her skin
became plateaus of flat perfection.

until the flashing numbers beneath her feet
no longer made her feel
sick to her empty stomach.

until the sharp points of her bones
were as obvious as
the way her smile arched and then
fell
like a wave on the shore
when people stopped watching.

until she was one they called
perfect.

kelseyulyatt said...
today at 4:29 am:
written beautifully!!

Laugh_Live_WriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 5:27 pm:
This is very well done.

live_long_laughterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 5:07 pm:
This is absolutely amazing!

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22 at 7:27 pm:
This absolutely broke my heart... You've written it so elegently, so beautifully, but not so much that we just skim over it. It's so raw and honest... You have a gift.

theblondechickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 22 at 5:48 pm:
I love this

monky99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5 at 10:55 pm:
Wow congrats on magazine! Beautiful poem Eliza. (sorry not creepin, I still get emails when teen ink stuff happens haha).

lizerina776This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 6 at 6:14 pm :
haha thanks :)

PyroHeartsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this poem.
Powerful. Thanks for sharing.