At the Park This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I went to the park today,
Two little children came to play.
They played hide and go seek
behind the trees
Running and screaming
in delight.
After dunking their heads and feet
under the cold fountain,
they leave the faucet on
and walk away.
The little girl runs to catch up
with her brother,
pigtails flying,
and I get up to
turn off the faucet.

mirasur said...
Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:30 am
briliiant i like it

mammothfrk said...
good...still trying to figure it out kinda...unless its just so simple that im missing it...but good.

EnigmaticBeing said...
I don't know if I'm overthinking this but I see a metaphor here. Turning off the faucet after the little girl ran off reminds me of how people always tried to shield me from everything. All of the dark truths... The lies... It was all pouring from the faucet and you turned it off shielding them from the truth.

Rheanne96 replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:32 am
that's an awsome connection!

Carolina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah I was in 8th grade when I wrote this, but you can interpret it how you want to.

fatchance96 said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:45 am

I absolutely love how this poem is put together! It makes me wonder, what would have happened if that faucet was left on and nobody bothered to turn it off? I am one of those environmental freaks, and I would get super mad if someone left the light/water on. I just have to turn it off myself.... but i love this. Thanks so much:)

Dreaming_Out_Loud said...
I really like that this poem isn't about anyhting that important but the very fact that you wrote a poem about it and the graceful (for lack of a better word) way it was written somehow makes it all meaningful. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Lily1 said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:34 am
thanks for posting this. I like how flowy and nice it sounds. It sounds relaxing and i feel like i want to be there. Thanks Again!

Thrush said...
Very pretty.

Carolina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey, if you don't like my works, can you please tell me why you don't like it or what I can improve? It's bewildering to receive emails telling you someone rated all your poems 1 out of 5 stars...

HOPEMVP said...
great use of rhyme n rhythem

Kat A. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2009 at 6:04 am
Very clever, sweet and innocent but very mature too. Nice contrast. I wish I could get a comment on my stuff like you do. Keep it up.

mallory14 said...
this poem is amazing you have real talent

AshaMidnightOlympian said...
I don't get it.

There isn't really anything to get, it's just a poem. You may interpret it as you wish.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic poem! I love it! It paints such a vivid picture that everyone can submerse themselves in to. Congrats on the publication! P.S. Please check out some of my work, I'd love to hear your comments! Thanks so much, and happy writing!

AmnyR said...
great work, i love it.

DIPTI said...
Aug. 7, 2009 at 6:59 am
wow very well written and congrats on getting into the teenmag .

Aug. 4, 2009 at 12:20 am
Thank you so much! You are a very good writer, too. I love how you are so bold and express your faith. That takes courage that most don't have. Please keep writing!

distant_dreamer replied...
Thanks! :) I love your work so much!!! Keep on writing, you have a special gift! :) Thanks so much, It does take courage to express my faith, but then I feel so happy that I have to share it!! :)
Your friend Always!
Monica