Feelings

There’s nothing like the rush,
of feelings when he touches me.
The literal flip and flutter in my stomach,
as his hand touches my cheek.
It sounds cheesy, but his smile,
really does things to me.
It makes me want to grin and stare and kiss.
I’ve never been in love,
but this might be what it feels like.
Never wanting to see him with others,
hugging, smiling, laughing.
It makes me sad,
which sounds odd I guess,
but knowing I can’t be with him breaks my heart a little.
I miss it, the simple love of friendship,
because all of a sudden, I feel something more.
But maybe, just maybe, he’ll see me the way I see him,
someday.

revelationsmirrored said...
This is beautiful I really wish I could write like you do.

BeeFish This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow! Thank you so much. That is so kind of you! I'm sure your writing is beautiful!

nomonrosii said...
This is such a beautiful piece! I can really relate to everything in your poem. I especially like the line "the literal flip and flutter in my stomach". Beautiful

You're so sweet! Thank you so much for your amazing compliments. I really appreciate it!

DemoDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:30 am
I know how thif feels, and hearing it from someone else is nice. Thank you for sharing this with me and all the other people. I enjoyed reading it and hearing that someone else feels like that when I thought I was the only one.

Thank you so much for reading and appreciating. I'm glad other people can relate.

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:15 am
Thank you for this. I needed it. 

Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:11 am
Awwww... thank you. I needed to write it. I'm glad you enjoyed it