The Life of an Introvert

Every day is like a struggle,
With so many people all around.
Their noises keep on coming,
They never ever stop.
They try to engage me in conversation,
But frankly I want to be alone.
No one cares,
No one listens,
They don't understand.
I want them to leave.
It's not depression,
It's not anger,
It's not sadness.
I am just an introvert.
Nothing and no one can ever change me.

NightcatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it. Its easy and understandible . I will totaly say +5 stars

Lamplighter said...
This is exactly how I feel a lot of the time. I think it's something a lot of people can relate to and that's priceless. Keep it up, man!

WonderlandWarship said...
Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:42 am
YES YES YES! lol preach it #1 haha #2 i really really love this >w< 

Calliashi said...
A nice poem! I personally never understood what it meant to be an introvert but this has helped me understand at least in a little sense. Your poem was literal and to the point which is a nice break from the vaguer poems I've read that you have to break down to understand. I think you could change a few things and add in figurative language to make it even more relatable or flow better? Perhaps using analogies or similes to give examples of how it feels to just want to be alone? Altogether nice ... (more »)

Deep-Dark-Secrets said...
This reminds me so much of my friend. Everyone thought she was weird and depressed. But it wasn't anything like that, at all. She was also introvert. You've written this poem so perfectly. The emotions are so clear and understanding. You've done a splendid job on this poem! KEEP IT UP!!!! :)