october This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“Do you know what?
I think what it boils down to is that
we just want a beautiful soul
to dance with.
And when it comes to it, fight the world to just keep on dancing.”

and in this way
i retain my faith
in the wholeness of my
human feeling.
you make me well when i am unsure of
where i stand
because next to you i am not scared,
i am not hurt
or lost or bothered;
i am only everything
you see in me.
i want to be that
reckless perfect gambol
that you itch for
when you’re lonely
and the music will not stop.
if you would let me i would
offer both my hands
to you
expectant, fearful, breathless
and we would throw ourselves together
lissomely into the fray
into the broken mess of bodies
and find our way quietly
wildly
and with you i will win this brave battle
en pointe.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:14 pm:
I can take no credit for the beautiful quote that inspired this poem. A friend of mine said it and she was one hundred percent right.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 18 at 4:11 pm:
“Do you know what?  I think what it boils down to is that  we just want a beautiful soul  to dance with.  And when it comes to it, fight the world to just keep on dancing.”   By far, those are my favorite lines of this poem, not to say the rest wasn't as great and elegant. These lines sum up the whole poem. Life and Love really. It's the one desire of every human being in the universe. To fine that one beautiful soul to love and cherish foreve... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 18 at 4:12 pm :
By the way, reading this while listening to David Bowie's new album just enhances the whole experience. For me, reading (especially poetry) is an experience