wednesday This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

sometimes i am terrified
you have already outgrown me.

all you are some nights is
back turned, a scrap of orange flannel in a
sunset streetlight
soft puff of dark hair and an
enigma
a thousand light years long
climbing some sandy hill into oblivion
and i try not to mind
but secretly i’m reaching
for your hand
as it trails
behind.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 18 at 4:17 pm:
As "october" is the desire of everyone, "wednesday" is the nightmare and lingering anguish of every soul roaming this lonely universe. Being out-grown hurts more perhaps than anything else. It means you're not interesting enough, you've become tedious, you're a chore, a used and out-dated interest, not an adventure or an enighma anymore. The emotion in this poem is (AGHHHH) tangible. Sticky and contagious. Congrats on another Editors' Choice... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:54 pm :
McKay, my dear, I live for your adjectives. Tangible, sticky, contagious... It's lovely to feel as if I've earned these tasty, tasty words. Thanks as always <3