Supernova This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Really, you're made of stardust
You're made of the breath of a thousand-year-old planet
and every atom, every piece of you
even as you're dying
is composed of tiny dancing loops. You
are dancing, in every core of your body, and
take my word for it when I say you're beautiful,
to me and in some other dimension, some way that we can't even see or ­comprehend.

You're a star. I can see your light from where I am, billions of light-years away
you are dancing and living and breathing, and your atoms
are crumbling, crashing into one another
because you're collapsing into yourself with every halting breath you take
every galaxy you inhale.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
As one that loves—or has learned over the years to love the stars—I enjoyed reading this and deciphering its meaning. I love the imagery. It's visionary. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

Strider said...
This metaphor is great. This is an incredible way to say somone is beautiful. 

jazzyjess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:26 am:
I loved your imagery in this poem - the atoms crashing into one another, and especially that last line: every galaxy you inhale. What a refreshing way to say someone is beautiful! Congrats on Editor's Choice and I hope you keep writing :)