neptune

i will sit back in the sand and be a friend
to all of you
one by one
and squint at every neptune
in the sky
and despite the stories we have not told
and the threats we make to leave
each other the world will remain
enchanted
for a little longer.
i would conquer any mountain
any fiery crash
just to belong to this
place and you people
in shimmering autumnal halflight
warm and wandering breathless
on some grassy dune
or up on top of the whole god damned world
for one more night;
you’re all my heroes
in your lazy angry ways
you make me lucky
and bright
eyes ablaze and winded with the
magic of
young and wild.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I FLIPPIN LOVE THIS POEM. Sometimes, I've had moments when I dream of leaving everything behind and moving off somewhere else, far from where I am, somewhere exotic, perhaps...albeit Paris and London aren't that exotic. But then I remember all of my friends here, all of whom, despite our differences of opinion I love. Then, the thought becomes unbearable. Impossible. I can't fathom leaving them, even though, change is inevitable. And Life uncertain. I love how this poem made it seem ... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:21 pm :
Well, we're at this point where everyone leaves, and the bonds, new and old, we form in this uncertain time often scatter to the four winds before we can even blink. Caf took off to Washington last week- that's probably the last time all of us will be together like that ever. Oh well. You know? Like you said. We'll always be there for each other. But we're never going to be here again.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm :
Aw. I was about to say that I wasn't sure whether or not I was sorry to hear that. Then I remembered Caf is your friend. I was mistaking her for Ciaran. My bad. Anywho. I am sorry to hear that. There was this family in our church that switched churches for whatever reason. I wasn't close close with them. Nonetheless, it hurt to hear they had left. Now, church seems somewhat empty. Everyone feels like they're gone gone. We all miss them. But everyone chooses what's b... (more »)