Does it bother you that you're not real?

It's raining again

I watch a tiny spider
With only seven legs
Drag his lopsided body
Across the slick concrete

I remember pulling the legs off spiders just like this one
When I was a little kid

He struggles to breach
A crack in the sidewalk
Eventually he falls in
His remaining legs flail
For a few long seconds

I remember feeling no remorse then

It's still raining

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The twisted brutality of the poem is incredible. Confession: when I was kid, I would somewhat enjoy doing the same action to insects and other bugs what you described in this poem. The imagery is visual and relatable. I'm not sure about the title though...what does it mean? And the repitition of the first line at the end adds to the emotion of the poem. Ironic enough: it's raining here. Great poem, Beef. 

Beef.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:03 pm :
Your comments are a bright spot in my day. I don't know about the titile either. I just felt my fingers tapping over the keys and there it was, something strange dredged up from my subconcious. I'm sure there's some connection, but I'm not privy to it.