puppet on a string This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Beautiful dresses, eyes too bright;
a girl sells her body to the night.

Dark make-up, hungry wishes;
long nights filled with smoky kisses.

Men too lonely, sheets too bloody;
still she'll walk the streets for money.

Burning hurt and heated rush;
life destroys her sanguine blush.

Aching for love, relying on lust;
betrayed by men she can't help but trust.

Broken eyes, dirty lace;
one blow could kill that fragile face.

Days filled with lasting sorrow;
nothing but pain in her tomorrow.

And when she tries so hard to feel;
she can't earn back what they steal.

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow...this broke just my heart. In a good way! You really called attention to this, because it's constantly happening. Amazing job!

burningskylines This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 17 at 5:27 pm :
Thanks you. It means so much to me.

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was breathtaking. literally

BleedingDarkness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm :
Thank you so much. <3

Free- said...
One of the best poems I have ever read

Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm :
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

DarkHeartInMe said...
I love how this poem relates to so many people . It very narley

Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:41 pm :
Thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The painful emotion used in this poem is touching. It's awful to read a story like this, knowing that is does occur every day. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:41 pm :
Thank you. I want to call attention to problems like this going on. People always seem to be denying or ignoring it.

OodthebeautifulandtalentedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:09 am:
This is absolutely fantastic

Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:17 pm :
Thanks :) It means a lot.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:20 am:
wow. simply amazing. your idea and your conveyance are both breathtaking. 5/5!

Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:17 pm :
Thank you so much!