Sleep | Teen Ink

Sleep

By Annneee BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana
Annneee BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
George Bernard Shaw

When night comes, I enter the mind. The eyelids close leisurely but blissfully, pushing away the naïve thoughts of the encephalon. I welcome darkness and its power as it sets over all concepts of the mind. I twist every last whim of conscious thinking and eradicate each one, piece by piece. Suddenly, a particular peace floats around the mind and spreads genuine satisfaction to all parts of the body. Warm and silky sheets wrap around the human with generosity. There is not one hindrance that invades the mind; for he or she is at rest in their own felicity. I remain with the human, until the morning briskly approaches with its glory and extravagance, and slowly separates the heavy eyelids. The human begs me not to abandon them, but I am not provided with any other choice. Although, when the sun of one million colors sets every night, I come back to visit the human. For I am calm and serene: I am sleep.

This piece was inspired when I was actually trying to write the piece, but then I got tired and fell asleep. After I woke up, I thought about how I felt when I was asleep and then wrote a poem on it.

Annneee BRONZE said...
Annneee BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana

George Bernard Shaw

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

on Oct. 11 2013 at 10:57 am
sadesdd DIAMOND, Elma, Iowa
There are a lot of big words in this, but I thought it was very fitting for the poem because of the dreamy style you use! I thought you did an awesome job writing this:)