The Letter

It’s the gravity of that pulls us apart,
The light that brings us closer.
It’s rays trace good and moral,
And the sharp winds that cut through it all.

Don’t you ever dare lose that letter,
If it’s the only thing you can do.
It’s the life behind the ocean,
The soul behind the sky
And the string that binds them closely,

And if you ever may have the misfortune to ever lose that letter,
Look as hard as you can for it.
High and low for it,
Near and far,
Over the mountains,
Between the alleys,
For if its lost its like a thread haystack in a world of needles

And if by luck a destiny, you find that letter
Hold it closely and dear to your heart
Because next time it may not come,
Next time it won’t exist,
It may be the last of it
It may even be the last of you
Because the thing with the letter,
It’s one of a kind
And only if you have received it
Will you ever know the difference

WebbydThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12 at 7:52 pm:
Awesome! I love the poem!! Keep writing!

boundlesswildflowerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:20 pm :
haha Thanks!!!!

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28 at 5:08 pm:
I second that :)

ChasingForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 27 at 5:07 pm:
This is great! It really is :) I give it 5/5 stars!! 

Nov. 28 at 9:13 pm :
Haha thanks so much chasing! :D

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23 at 9:38 am:
Amazing... just amazing. Pure, quiet perfection like this does not desrve to be dissected and disscussed. You just need to bask in it's glory. This was beautiful, boundlesswildflower. I'd love to read some more of your work. 

Nov. 28 at 9:12 pm :
OMG thanks soo much!!! That means alot!

KrystenGouveia said...
Oct. 10 at 2:11 pm:
great job wildflower. so light and bouncy and poetic. has a very majestic feel... keep writing. loved to see more :)

AngelOfRoses said...
Oct. 10 at 2:05 pm:
it was so good wild i completley understand where you are coming from

CrazySissiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8 at 8:00 pm:
I really love this peom. I read a lot of the poems on this site and this one is very good.

Oct. 9 at 12:46 pm :
Thanks that really means a lot!

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 7 at 11:51 pm:
Very, Very, Very good. :)  But the first stanza confused me you put "It's the gravity of that pulls us apart" The gravity of what? is my question. Other than that 5 stars.

Oct. 8 at 12:17 am :
Thanks so much for taking the time to read it molly. I guess gravity could stand for many things. The letter itself is a metaphor so i kind of wanted the reader to choose what it was. I know I'm not good with wording and can be a bit confusing. Thanks again for reading + rating!!

Oct. 7 at 10:10 pm:
Beautifully written!!!!! This poem is fluid–something that I struggle with in my own poetry. Deep and thought-provoking, it oozes creativity. The figurative language is presented so effortlessly. You used repition effectively, and used clever turns of phrase. One of my favorite lines was, "For if its lost its like a thread haystack in a world of needles" This poem is absolutely stunning, and one of my favorites. Congratulations!

Oct. 8 at 12:16 am :
Thanks!! Lol use a bunch of random references :)

NetnelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 7 at 8:46 pm:
I really like this poem. I think that it has a very good flow and it makes you think about what your letter is. If I may offer some advive there are a few grammatical mistakes such as in paragraph one on the first line, but overall it was still a great poem.

Oct. 7 at 8:56 pm :
Thanks! First poem so I was excited to submit it. 

ScreamoRapThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 7 at 7:52 pm:
DAMN AMAZING

Dec. 3 at 8:03 am :
Late, but THANK YOU SOO MUCH! :D