These Scars Are Me

By , Merrill, MI
All these scars remind me of bad days.
Each one calls me stupid every day for making them over and over again.
Though that’s just my arms.
My stomach says congrats for finding a new hiding spot.
My legs say names and words of love and hate.
These scars say my feelings I could never let out.
These scars are not proud.
These scars are a sad excuse of me not talking about what I feel and what’s going on with me.
These scars are what are left on me of my past.
I’m not proud of these scars but I love them no matter what.
These scars on my arms count to be over 100.
These scars on my stomach count to be over 30.
These scars on my legs count to be over 15.
So together on my body is almost 200.
But now they are part of me.
These scars are me.

PotsnPansThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 3 at 10:34 pm:
Sad, raw, honest. Very nice. Try writing when you want to cut yourself- I can't relate but I want to help. Good luck. <3

bugnikkiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 8 at 2:20 pm :
Tho writing sometimes isnt good enough to help with all the pain that i feel. So thats y im getting help. I have conculing but it dosent always stop me. Tho i have been getting better... So thanks....

PotsnPansThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 9 at 5:58 am :
That's good, sorry I'm not any help, but I'm glad you're getting help. Stay strong

Oct. 9 at 2:15 pm :
I will try

FallenangelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 3 at 9:28 pm:
yeah  ive been thrugh that too. but its not you. its the depressed you. what you do to yourself isn't you. but that poem kinda got me chocked up. pretty good. look at mine. http://www.teenink.com/poetry/free_verse/article/578590/Man-in-the-Mirror/

today at 2:12 pm :
Thanks and will do.

today at 2:17 pm :
wow ur poem was amazing!!! i understand compleatly