Sold and For Sale This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My heart is for sale
at your auction,
my mind already sold,
and my body awaiting
a price tag.

Parts of me
sit in different spots,
lost and aimless
in your pile of used junk;
the aftertaste you try to expel
from your conscience.

I've sat long enough,
its time to stand up
against how you mistreat people,
abuse their spirits,
toy with their emotions,
hurt their feelings.

If only I still had my brain,
I would figure out how
to stand up.

PotsnPans said...
Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:02 am
Thank you so much! It really means a ton. I posted a new poem if you want to check it out:) Thanks again!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You just keep getting better and better. This is one of your best by far. Every stanza describes with perfect accuracy how many people feel today. This isn't just a love poem. It's a poem about life—life today particularly with all the prejudice in the world. You deserve the Editors' Choice and every praise for this poem. That last stanza one of the best last stanzas ever in my opinion. The emotion is raw and genuine. Flawless. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much for the kind comment Mckay, it reallly means alot!

PotsnPans said...
Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:31 am
Beautiful.

This really makes me feel better about what I write, so thank you. And by the way, I thought that your piece Fire, Fire was very well done!