Landscaping Dentist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

South Carolina sweat drenching my face
Under this blistering August sun.
Insects preying on my flesh
Just feasting on my salty blood buffet.
The grassy aroma seeps into my nose
Causing this aggravating tingling in
my nostrils.
Whap! Whap! says the whacking weed-eater
Against the shed's metal side.

Molding stainless steel into Jennifer Jones' mouth
For the Miley Cyrus smile that her Disney crazed mom wants.
Reclining the patient back
In “the chair”
Wrapping that cold chain around their neck
That grabs the spit bib.
The grinding of Jennifer's teeth
Sends irritated chills through her body.
Doctoral degree hanging on the wall
Underscored by the first dollar I ever earned.

Eyyyeee! nags Jennifer
When the stainless wire twisted against
her gums.
This landscaper of molars, premolars,
and incisors
Whines silently in my air-conditioned
dental practice
Like the feasting mosquitos
On my once, salty blood buffet.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:58 pm:
I liked this! The contrast is really cool, and weird at the same time. Comparing landscaping to dentistry... I thought you were going to talk about mowing the lawn in your mouth or something.. I don't even know. But this got me thinking about the relationship between those two jobs, oddly enough. Anyway, really really nice vocabulary. I love your use of "underscored" in the second stanza. So innovative. Nice Miley Cyrus reference also. I look forward to reading more of your work!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 30 at 7:35 pm:
The word ewwwwww came into mind when I finished reading it. Thereafter cooooooooooolllllllllllllllll came along. This is an incredible poet. Congrats on the Editors' Choice, my fellow male poet. (This place gets lonely when you think about the ratio of girls to boys. XD) This poem demonstrates your talent as a poet. Please keep writing. You're phenomenal. Great allusion to Miley Cyrus also.