Outside and Looking In

Because
Anyone
Can see that this is
Killing me:

Time and time again I
Open my arms wide, but

Since they don’t
Care about me at all, they
Hide in their
Own little circle in
Order to
Laugh at the girl they left behind.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 5:20 pm:
I just want to hug you after reading this poem. I think everyone has felt this way, one way or another. I like the emotions, how you speak to your audience without becoming melodramatic, and the lonesome image in the end. 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 20, 2013 at 10:47 am:
This poem is such a vivid and candid description. And the simplicty of it is just breath-taking. Though one thing I can't figure out is why you used the colon after the "killing me"  other than that, I think it's really good. And well, I'd like to say if this real is from your very own perspective that you're better off away from them and believe me you'll find REAL people out there You will. And then you'll just be glad that you waited for them to come a... (more »)