Unfaithful Wish! | Teen Ink

Unfaithful Wish!

By Broken_Lover PLATINUM, Theodore, Alabama
Broken_Lover PLATINUM, Theodore, Alabama

No man is worth your tears,and the one who is will never make you cry.

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. At the window in her room, sat a little girl who was all alone. She watched the stars as they flew by at night, hoping that one would be her wish that she wished tonight. All of her life she had been left out, rejected, or forgotten, so every-night she made a wish on a shooting star, hoping that one day it would come true. Her home life wasn't that good, and at school she was picked on and pushed around. When she came home crying her mother didn't even care, because most of the time she was past out drunk, or on drugs. She ran to her room and never left until she had to go back to school the next day. 

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. Still, every-night she wished on a star, but as she got older she realized that it may never come true. So as she sat at her window continuously shouting, " I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight ", she cried. She cried because her wish was an unfaithful wish that still...never came true.

T.v. in the background.
News channel: 
" All I saw was a little girl no younger then 8 jump out of that five story building. All she was shouting on her way down was that her wish never came true."

News Reporter: " I have just been told that this 8 year old little girl left a note on her bed saying the following, " I wish I may I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. I wish my mom would get better, and if someone who cares is reading this, my last wish was that I would live after jumping, and if I didn't, then my wish was an unfaithful wish that still never came true." 

News Reporter: " Some say that if you wish upon a shooting star, that your wish would come true. Well, today we learn that not all wishes come true. This little girl had been wishing on shooting starts every-night for the past 5 years. I just wish that someone would have been there for this little girl when she needed someone most. Parents who are out there watching this, please never ignore your child when they tell you something is wrong, or if they come home crying, because for this mom it resulted in the death of her 8 year old little girl whose wish never came true."