Victims of Mechanics

Physics

The physics of motion
and rest implies
that sudden coming to rest
of a vehicle
results in the lunging forward of
whoever’s inside.
Yet, for them so it seems
that for a while time halted

Action

Utter Carelessness results in
Catastrophe.

Reaction

Sense of hearing impaired
temporarily.
Like after a missile finds its target
all one hear is that on-going, never-ceasing
“teeee”
Sight intact, yet doubtfulness
engulfs.
This is all too much to take in.
A girl: weeping. Tears: flying.
Her cries are unheard.
Then what alarms most
Blood.
Everywhere, in the nothingness.
Thinking bleary and thoughts distorted.
What did we do to deserve this?
A group of children
Impeccant
On our way to school
Unseen arms help me away
I close the lids, block out
Everything.

Spectator

Destruction
Tragedy
though not my own
Compels me to wonder
what if
I had been subject to that
Physics

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 16 at 8:43 pm:
It was so amazing that I just don't know what to say.... I can't formulate any comments that would give justice to this piece. It was gut-wrenching and unexpected. The question that you pose at the end brings the whole piece together. "What if I had been subject to that physics?" What. A. Powerful. Line. It is unsettling for one to think "That could have been me." I remember the 35w bridge collapse that happened a few years ago. My dad had crossed it an hour before it collapsed. It was very eeri... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 5:51 am :
Oh Lexy, You really do praise overmuch. You are too kind and you just made my day again. thank you ever so much for your kind words. And yes, I guess I've had that feeling a lot of times but could only put it into words this once. And still I feel that the pain, the regret and the fear isn't justified. Ah, well. Still, your words are GOLDEN and give my heart hope. Just like Star made me feel more confident about this. You made me think "I can do this." So thank you. Love, Saphira.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 11 at 7:51 pm:
B E A U T I F U L  writing, Saphira! There is something very chilling and intriguing about this, which really draws me in. Your rhyme scheme flows quite nicely as well, and it all seems to fit with the theme of the poem. Great work! :)

Nov. 13 at 11:06 am :
T H A N K Y O U ever so much. Star. That was the most beautiful thing to say. And well, that's just because of the theme it had to be that way, chilling I mean.. and thank gosh, I thought it wouldn't flow well when others read it. :D

Nov. 13 at 11:07 am :
cut-off in mid-sentence. Anyway. Love you so much. thank you so much. And miss you so much.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 13 at 8:59 pm :
Same to you! ^.^ It has been too long since I've been on TeenInk, but I am trying to get back into it. My hope is that reading lots of other's work will help pull me out of the lull I've been in lately (I won't jinx it by calling it writer's block just yet :P) Anyway, I always enjoy reading new stuff of yours, and hopefully I will be able to do more of that soon. :)

today at 5:55 am :
Me too! I am trying to get back into it as well. And Thanks so much. Oh, I hope I can read more from you soon. I just love reading your stuff so I guess I'll just go and read the old articles. Love, Saphira.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 18 at 10:11 pm:
The end was chilling :O Especially something taught at school being related to real life accidents, very shocking. I like this poem's perspective, how it's both science-y and emotional. 

Sep. 20 at 10:44 am :
Wow, Thank you. That means so much! I guess this one just really came to me after I saw it all, I was just thinking how all these things have such huge implications in reality that we never seem to consider. Thank you so much for reading.

ansem_unlimited replied...
Nov. 11 at 5:54 pm :
I could best describe this as a poetic pro, and i write primarily in this general format, it may seem like ranting sometimes but when you get down to it you find out that it has a flow of its own without a rythme scheme! (PS this article was anything BUT a chain wreck keep up the good work)  :}

Nov. 13 at 11:09 am :
Wow thank YOU! :D Thank you. Thank you. And hey, I AM DEFINITELY reading your stuff! I didn't get the chance to open any stuff until today but you bet I will and now that you've told me you write this way. I can't wait. Love always, Saphira.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 13 at 2:58 pm:
Wow. That's all I can say really. Reading this poem I feel like a spectator myself. Wow.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 13 at 6:12 pm :
Wow. This is really good. "What if I had been subject to that physics"--holy wow, what an imaginative line! I love how you organized it too, with Action, Reaction, and Spectator. The only disaster is the one you witnessed, the poem itself is beautiful in a sad, cruel sort of way, making it very powerful.

Sep. 13 at 11:52 pm :
Thank You nelehjr and Em. Thank you both for the feedback and the appreciation and Em, wow that is so good to know, cause I really wasn't sure about this one. These comments made my day :)) Love you both.