Dear Elijah | Teen Ink

Dear Elijah

By WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Why wait when you only live once? Go out there dance, smile, and enjoy yourself! If your not having fun then darling your doing something wrong!"
- Therese

How do I even say it when it nearly kills me. All this time love has gotten the best of me. You expect me to just fall into your arms but you fail to realize I've been there already. I love you. Words I never meant to say. She says to just ignore you and not to care. Honestly deep down inside somewhere I do care. Its just absurd to even think that you would care for me and my awkward ways. You think its so easy to give in but I'm an enemy to love, known for a trail of broken hearts. I'm sorry I got tired of waiting for price charming and decided to save myself. Don't you
think a girl gets tired of listening to summertime sadness. Playing that same record and listening to the rain mourning wounded love. But here I am once again I just thought you were the one. Saying words without knowing the future. Dear Elijah I love you so.

To the guy I could never leave alone, the cold nights, and the same record. Here's to us!!!