Poem 34: Whirlpool This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

my poems never come out well,
like a stain that has been through the laundry –
stubborn, but surely not beautiful.
melodramatic – my mother says.
perhaps I should try writing from different perspectives.
maybe I just need some sleep.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I believe all writers, especially poets will agree with you with this poem. The feeling is mutual. Even though, we try are hardest to create the best poem we can, it feel as though it's not enough. That what we've created is simply a rambling from the immature and unimaginative mind. That the world deserves better than what we've created. Your words are simple and delicate but relatable and heart-felt. This is a poem that is genuine and in no way melodramatic. It deserved the Editors... (more »)

Romana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much! :)

willagraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 9, 2013 at 7:08 am
This is a really great poem! I really like it.

Thank you! :)