i am your fragment/you are my run-on This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

i am your fragment
an unfinished thought
begun but unexplored
a fresh new idea
but that is all i am
the start of something new
an uncultured whimsy
with no end
an alpha with no omega

you are my run-on
your story never ends
inconstant and indifferent
moving rapidly from
one thought to the next
never bothered by the
disjointed fragments
you leave behind
you have your
and’s but’s or’s nor’s for’s yet’s
to excuse yourself

you make it seem like
we will unify to create
a clear sentence
eventually a coherent thought
a pulsing one
you stretch my premature limbs
to make me fit
into your story
but i am incomplete
and you move on
while i crawl to you

i was never
a part of you
i’d never complete you
and you’d never be
the happy ending
to my miserable beginning

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 1:25 pm:
This is really unique and creative. I love everything about this XD

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 13 at 7:00 pm:
Everytime I read your work I just love your writing even more. That's all I can say about this. Really good job.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 13 at 10:10 pm :
Then, please, please, please, read more for more of that love. Thank you so so so much. Truly appreciate it. 

mynameisnothabibThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5 at 9:56 am:
This is so good! I absolutely love your writing!

Nov. 13 at 10:09 pm :
Thank you!! I feel honored. 

ChrisTid7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 30 at 6:04 pm:
You never cease to amaze me and this work is amazing. As a fellow grammar nerd, I love this and wish it was my poem, haha! Great job!!!

Oct. 31 at 1:35 pm :
HAHAHAHA. There are plenty of poems I wish were mine but belong to other far more talented writers. Nice to know someone feels that way about this poem. Thanks so much. You've made my day. :)

ROYCEPHUSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 28 at 12:59 am:
Just your neighborhood admirer stopping by to say this poem is AWESOME! :D

Sep. 28 at 7:35 pm :
Thank you, neighbor. In that case, I invite you again around this neighborhood. Means so much that a talented writer as yourself would think this poem is "AWESOME! :D". 감사합니다 (Hope that makes sense. XD)

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3 at 10:12 pm :
Beautiful.  I love how you made the run-on and the sentence fragments physical characters.

Oct. 4 at 4:58 pm :
Hey, you! So nice to see you again, particularly in this vicinity of the nieghborhood (Come here more often...). Thank you so much, MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYou. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 17 at 7:24 pm:
So incredibly original XD The imagery and personification just leaves me breathless. Congrats on the Editor's Choice award!

Sep. 19 at 12:00 pm :
Krasota, long time no see and chat. Thank you so much for commenting on this poem. Makes my day! 

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 11 at 2:56 pm:
Is it possible for me to marry this poem? I. Love. It. As always you expressed your thoughs effortlessly and I am left breathless.

Sep. 11 at 4:06 pm :
Well, you can marry it I guess. I mean, it's single and ready to mingle. XD Thanks you so much, Scar. I appreciate it when you read my poetry. Awesome-sauce. 

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 18 at 6:26 pm :
xD I absolutely love reading your poetry! I wish I had time to read more, but I usually only read it when I have a free period between classes. :/ it's freaking amazing and perfectly written by a perfectly perfect person.

Sep. 19 at 11:57 am :
^u^ Thanks so much, bridezilla. That means that world to me. I mean it. Not many people would take time to read the rambling of another person. Thank you thank you thank you. You're awesome-sauce. 

Oct. 9 at 6:42 pm :
People obviously take the time to read the rambling of another person. Example: Shakespeare. He's a legend and all he did was express himself. Yeah, I just compared you to Shakespeare. You're way better than him though. ;D

Oct. 9 at 7:09 pm :
*bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you. I doubt I'll ever be as great as he was and is. Nonetheless, my ego for now will accept your incredible comment. Thanks. ^u^

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 8 at 1:19 pm:
I can't even deal with this. It's so lovely, so true, so real and raw that it makes me want to just curl into a ball and cry. Which is a good thing, because perfect poetry always makes me cry. This is spectacular; it gives that sensation of emotion that isn't faked, but comes from the deepest part of your marrow and wow. This line (you stretch my premature limbs/
to make me fit/
into your story/
but i am incomplete/
and you move on/
whi... (more »)