i am your fragment/you are my run-on This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i am your fragment
an unfinished thought
begun but unexplored
a fresh new idea
but that is all i am
the start of something new
an uncultured whimsy
with no end
an alpha with no omega

you are my run-on
your story never ends
inconstant and indifferent
moving rapidly from
one thought to the next
never bothered by the
disjointed fragments
you leave behind
you have your
ands buts ors nors fors yets
to excuse yourself

you make it seem like
we will unify to create
a clear sentence
eventually a coherent thought
a pulsing one
you stretch my premature limbs
to make me fit
into your story
but i am incomplete
and you move on
while i crawl to you

i was never
a part of you
i'd never complete you
and you'd never be
the happy ending
to my miserable beginning

ElysiumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27 at 2:19 am:
this poem is perfection. it's just brimming with emotion, and i totally just got lost in the lines and started living an experience rather than just reading a poem. 6/5 stars. keep writing you have a gift.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 27 at 8:09 pm :
I'm honored with your words. I'm enraptured that this little piece of me is a pleasure for people to read, even though I made it when I was feeling awful. Good things often do come from bad things. Thank you! I will continue to write as long as my fickle Muse remains active. 

HeatherOliviaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 11:42 am:
This left me speechless. (total oxymoron because I have so much to say) Everything about this is amazing, I absolutely love it. One of my favourite poems ever; right up there with Yeats and Silverstein and Poe and Frost and Cummings. "You stretch my permature limbs / to make me fit / into your story." I'm quoting you now because that line is perfect.  This poem is perfect.

Jul. 4 at 4:32 pm :
I'm so honored right now by your comment that I can't believe it. So honored truly. Thank you for reading. 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22 at 6:07 am:
I'm so glad this made it to the magazine, man. Great job :) it's deep and very clever

Jul. 4 at 4:31 pm :
I'm happy too. Thank you, Brisa!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really unique and creative. I love everything about this XD

Jul. 4 at 4:31 pm :
Belated thanks, pimp. 

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Everytime I read your work I just love your writing even more. That's all I can say about this. Really good job.

Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:10 pm :
Then, please, please, please, read more for more of that love. Thank you so so so much. Truly appreciate it. 

mynameisnothabib said...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:56 am:
This is so good! I absolutely love your writing!

Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:09 pm :
Thank you!! I feel honored. 

ChrisTid7 said...
You never cease to amaze me and this work is amazing. As a fellow grammar nerd, I love this and wish it was my poem, haha! Great job!!!

Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:35 pm :
HAHAHAHA. There are plenty of poems I wish were mine but belong to other far more talented writers. Nice to know someone feels that way about this poem. Thanks so much. You've made my day. :)

ROYCEPHUSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 28, 2013 at 12:59 am:
Just your neighborhood admirer stopping by to say this poem is AWESOME! :D

Sept. 28, 2013 at 7:35 pm :
Thank you, neighbor. In that case, I invite you again around this neighborhood. Means so much that a talented writer as yourself would think this poem is "AWESOME! :D". 감사합니다 (Hope that makes sense. XD)

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:12 pm :
Beautiful.  I love how you made the run-on and the sentence fragments physical characters.

Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm :
Hey, you! So nice to see you again, particularly in this vicinity of the nieghborhood (Come here more often...). Thank you so much, MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYou. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So incredibly original XD The imagery and personification just leaves me breathless. Congrats on the Editor's Choice award!

Sept. 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm :
Krasota, long time no see and chat. Thank you so much for commenting on this poem. Makes my day!