Phoenix

I look back on the past,
To the days of yesterday
Each memory slowly fading away
The darker ones fading more slowly
than the light

I try to cling to some
Trying to learn and relish,
In my mistakes and happiness
I see the days of before-
Wondering how things change so quickly

I look at myself; then and now
What has changed
What's stayed the same,
Who am I? And who do I thank for that?

I burn down the old
Memories going away to make room,
For the new
I am a Phoenix,
And I will be reborn in the
Ashes of my past

RayynbowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:12 pm:
Nice concept! I like how it slowly changes into accepting the fact that you can't change the past and you need to let go.

LaChouetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 1 at 7:22 pm:
Wow, this was really cool. I love the ending. It really ties the piece together. Very nice job!

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31 at 2:42 pm:
Omg this is amazing! I loved it too! Keep writing!!! 

Night_StarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29 at 5:28 pm:
Mad Bro , I loved It !!!! I mean The last part Though.... Brillant Like It was deep  . I mean like , The dynamics , the organaity , the imagery , The everything Completey Brillant 10000 Stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rand0mteenager replied...
Aug. 30 at 1:32 am :
XDthanks a lot