and you This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

i'm a lump of meaning without understanding
sitting in an armchair
in your half-familiar one-room mess
my best friend in your bed and remembering
a whole year ago
when it was safe to be scared and wonder
because you were always beside me
laughing
making hazel eye contact
speaking of dead sea deep space something outside of ourselves.

now we don't speak much at all
she has filled some space that was never there
and you wake later and drink more every morning
and you spend it all waiting for the moment you can leave
our world and my world and the ghosts that haunt us
all the more corporeal spooks
and you don't mind leaving me behind because you know
i will be just fine
and that is the magic of who we are
just lumps of meaning without understanding
but you made it a little more bearable.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 4:57 pm:
Of your new poem, this is definitely a favorite. I have a feeling, but then again I'm assuming, that this poem about the your friend in "The Dead Sea Again". I'm speculating that for a couple of reasons. You make an allusion to it in the 15th line to that poem. Then in the second stanza you talk about how you don't have communication with this person as you used to becuase the ex of this person cause a gap between the two of you. Now, this person is depressed, excluded him/... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 3:25 pm :
Yeah, this is for Alex. The only nonfiction piece I have on here explains a bit more about him. But you were wrong on a point- the girl I refer to in this poem is not his ex, it's my best friend. "my best friend in your bed and remembering". Etcetera etcetera.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:07 pm :
Ah, d*mn it. I missed that part. I mean, I did read it. But figured, or more like, assumed that the "second" her was another person. I will know have to read that article. Again, beautifully moving piece. 

today at 6:09 pm :
Well, I mean, it is another person, but they're together, or were when I wrote this. I introduced them. And stuff. And their relationship to a degree diminished our. Sooo yiss. Hahaha

today at 6:40 pm :
So I was right? in a wrong kind of way... hahahaha. But I mean not hahaha with what happened with your friend. So sad. Heartbrakes suck.