on a thunderstorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

I want sound to come out of the sky
and light me up
from the inside
tear me up
turn me inside out
I want the thunderclap to come
and light me up
from the inside
burn me up
till I'm outside of myself

yeah, let this storm come
like a storm comes
and leave me all brand new

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the June 2014 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30 at 4:31 pm
Dear, congrats on winning this month's prize in poetry. Who better to win it but you? Unfortunately only one can win, right? All of your poems are prize-worthy. Must've been hard for the Editors. I miss our little occassional chats. Nevertheless, I've yet to forget the poet and writer who stirred my Muse to blossom more and more each day and to celebrate Life and Love and all their misgivings in poetry. 

Well, that make two of us. I love the feeling of wanting to be new. Like a re-birth. Stellar imagery and emotion. You're being your impeccalbe self in this poem. Congrats on one more Editors' Choice! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
*impeccable

romero2016 said...
Very nice