Secrets | Teen Ink

Secrets

By mymindspoken SILVER, San Diego, California
mymindspoken SILVER, San Diego, California

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I wish I would keep my mind to myself. Once the secrets have all left my lips there's nothing more of me to give. My mind is like treasure chests full of thoughts that are all mine and only mine but slowly people begin to take the treasure, they find the key to unlock me and once they have had their fill, have received all they want I am left empty, no longer a treasure chest, but a chest, lying lost on the floor of a vast cavern of crushed coins, broken keys, and empty corners.

dancer25 GOLD said...
dancer25 GOLD, West Babylon, New York

"Hope will never be silent'

You are very welcome and very talanted

thank you so much! 

dancer25 GOLD said...
dancer25 GOLD, West Babylon, New York

"Hope will never be silent'

truely amazing. I love it. It is so personal but it doesnt give away details wich amkes great poetry.  I could be wrong but to me it seems like it is about trust and trusting peple too easily. either way keep up the amazing writting