Words Unheard | Teen Ink

Words Unheard

By Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington
Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

Familiar hands grasped mine
Familiar lips brushed mine
Words whispered in my ears
Words unheard
My ears strained
The words disappeared
Familiar eyes searched in mine
Familiar voice serenaded with mine
Words screamed in my ear
Words that told me
His love was a lie

My last boyfriend was the first boyfriend that I was really serious about. We dated for a long time then I found out that he had been cheating on my the whole time we were going out.

Roald Dahl

Thanks. Glad you liked it!

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

This is really good! I like how your "ears strained" and then right after that "words screamed" at you. It gets across how entirely surprising to you the breakup was.

on Sep. 6 2013 at 12:00 am

Roald Dahl

That's alright it was his loss haha. Thanks for reading!

love.writing BRONZE, St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Wow, this a really touching poem!  Writing is always a good way to let out my anger or emotions and I really liked it.  Super sorry about your boyfriend though!