His Lies. | Teen Ink

His Lies.

By Romans21 SILVER, Lexington, Kentucky
Romans21 SILVER, Lexington, Kentucky

"The world is our classroom and we are the authors of our own adventures."

Yes i love you there's no doubt in my mind, but the way i feel around you is not worth my time.Sitting on the back burner only getting flipped enough not to burn. All the scares on my mind but not on my wrist any more, I held you up so high only to be town, by the fact you may not know, Iv been used iv been beaten and yet when i'm with you i feel more mistreated. Now you may say how is this possible i treat you like a queen, But the truth of the matter I feel as if I cant breath as if you love... is the air that ...i need when i tell you i'm ugly you not dare slip a "you're beautiful."When we hold hands you give the bare minimum, of not locking fingers there's not a sense of unity. I mean come on my best friend treats me better and he knows more of me. Now don't take this the wrong way but your rolls seem a little switched to me. He walks me home every day just so he can see the grace , the beauty you don't try to see. When I'm in trouble hes there when i need him to be you, you say its just pity when someone walks all over me. I hope you have realized this poem means something to me, its not just my words but its me setting the truth free. I will always love you,yes but i'm not treated the way i should be. My sister thinks you should be pushed from a cliff.. shoved to the side how does every one see how you treat me except for me? I lie to myself saying that its okay even though its not till this vary day. She says i deserve better but what does she mean go for my best friend or just plea and plea. Every one i talk to says the say thing. That i deserve better, to be heard when i cry out, to be cared for when i'm in need.

This is my spoken word poem about my ex when we was still together.