Black

In the long ago past
I heard someone say
"How much to you want
for that kid?"
At first I thought
they were talking 'bout a goat
But no
A small and black-skinned boy.

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 10:13 pm:
Wow short and sweet. Love it! Like NILAKSHI008 (that's a name haha) it's very unique. Story time! I'm the only black person in practically my entire town (I was adopted by a white family) so I'm always targeted and treated like a child when we learn about slavery in history class so this poem... I don't know hits home I guess. And I liked how you likened a kid goat to a kid as in black kid. Nice work!

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:09 pm :
Thank you!  Your story is very inspiring to me!

NILAKSHI008This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 16 at 3:51 pm:
unique and different...... :)

Aug. 16 at 8:46 pm :
Thank you!