What is the Point?

What is the point,
of a gift,
that wasn't given?
What is the point,
of a painting,
that was never painted?
What is the point,
of a picture,
that never developed?
What is the point,
of a song,
with no words?
What is the point,
of a voice,
that wasn't heard?

What is the point,
of a life,
that wasn't lived?

LoonyLoopyLupinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 2:20 pm
In the beginning my thoughts were, "Hmm. These are all true, but where is the author going with this?" Then I hit the end, and bam. The higher meaning fell right into place. This is awesome.

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Man, I love this! :) Every question was so meaningful in itself, especially toward the end. Awesome job, keep it up!

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:38 am
I liked how you tied it all together at the end to form a bigger picture.....great job, I loved this. Very deep :P

Thank you Jade! *Bows dramatically* I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for reading it! ^_^

Plume said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:43 am
wow ! i LOVE this poem !!! great work :) please check out my work !!!!

Thanks. ^_^ I'll definitely check out some of your stuff.

OldYoungOne said...
Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:48 am
It's a simple nice to help motivate people who feel depressed or shy. I don't have much to critque on this seeing as the theme was clear and consistent. I like the poem. That's all I can say.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for reading it. :)

OldYoungOne replied...
You are welcome