Roses

Roses pik, soft and sweet
full of life
And the hope
of successful dreams
Roses thorned, black and brown
harming life
And injecting evil with
every stab or poke
The mixed emotions
of gray and red
Deadly, lively
but hidden in beauty
Sweet as summer
dark as the cold
Hidden secrets
trapped from home
The deadly beauty
of this plant
Formed by a wish
for perfection at last.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you!  I appreciate the comments!  I'll be sure to check out some of your work. :)

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really pretty!  I love the twist of how you wrote about roses being soft, sweet, etc. then thorned, and brown, and harming life . . . not that I like things that "inject evil with every stab or poke."  Anyway, I feel like this could be about misinerpretations.  Some things (and people) may look good, but be really evil on the inside.  Jeez, I really love all your poems, and would appreciate it if you checked out some of mine!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I feel like this should rhyme too. The flows good this time, but I feel like it could be better if you rhyme. You don't have to of course I know what it's like when someone tells you to do something and you're all like "you don't get it" or "don't tell me what to do" haha. But this was great. You write about the most interesting things in the most unique ways. My hats off to you ma'am haha. I like how you said "injecting evil with every stab or po... (more »)

Hi, thanks for reading this.  Please comment!